Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv 4th generation remote keeps switching to HDMI 2 if I have my Samsung surround system on which uses anynet when the samsung tv is on. Currently I have to keep the surround off until I find what I want to watch.

Current setup is a Samsung TV with a Samsung blu-ray surround sound. When they are both on they use anynet to communicate. Now with the new apple TV 4, any click on the apple TV remote will send my TV back to HDMI 2 (where the blu-ray surround is connected). How can I stop this? The apple TV is on HDMI 3. The surround needs to be on HDMI 2 which is also ARC (Audio return channel)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 9:42 PM

Try going into the Apple TV4 Settings and disabling the ability to control your Receiver and TV. This should disable HDMI CEC which sounds like its conflicting with Anynet.

2 replies

Nov 27, 2015 8:31 PM in response to morrispe

My Samsung UN60ES8000 was working fine with the new AppleTV until my TV "updated" today. Now, whenever I press pause on the Apple remote, after about one minute the Samsung TV flashes and says it is disconnecting from Anynet and it goes black. Audio is still playing from my Vizio sound bar. I have to use the Samsung remote to switch the source back to HDMI-CEC Apple TV. Any ideas how to solve this nonsense? My goal is to just use the Apple TV remote which turns everything on and off.

Apple tv 4th generation remote keeps switching to HDMI 2 if I have my Samsung surround system on which uses anynet when the samsung tv is on. Currently I have to keep the surround off until I find what I want to watch.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.