Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clearing up macbook pro

I ran a sweeper program on my Macbook Pro see what's taking up the most space in my computer.

in the "usr" folder, files such as "tokenizer", "mecabra", "emacs", and "icu" are taking up significant amounts of space.

Does anyone know what these files are and what effect it'll have if I erased them? how can i clean it out safely?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 7:50 PM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2015 8:45 PM in response to littlepinky55

Do you have a specific problem with space or are you just looking for a problem that does not exist? How much free space do you have on your hard drive?

If you think that you are having an unusual problem with space then please post details so someone can suggest what might actually be the issue. You should certainly heed Grant Bennet-Alder's warning about messing with system folders. If you want to free up a little space you should start by deleting your "sweeper program" and then ALL other 3rd party utilities you you have installed to "monitor", "sweep", "clean", "protect", "scan", etc. your Mac. These types of applications are never needed on a Mac.

clearing up macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.