Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanner no longer working wirelessly through Time Capsule

I have the Apple Time Capsule 2TB ME177LL/A and a weird problem started to happen. I can print wirelessly w/o a problem, however, I can no longer scan through Preview. I keep on receiving the An error occurred while communicating with the scanner. I rebooted the Time Capsule, network router, but nothing corrects this issue. I tried with two different scanners, but neither worked.

Any ideas?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 6:55 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 12:11 PM in response to comptalk

Are you plugging in via USB or is this a wireless printer?? ie it has its own network.

I have the Apple Time Capsule 2TB ME177LL/A and a weird problem started to happen

Explain when it started to happen and what changed just before it.

So the scan function was working.. did you change to the TC from another model? Did you upgrade the computer to different OS??

Printing is easy.. scanning over network is really quite something and you need the drivers working fully for your model MFC. Upgrade OS is almost bound to cause issues.

Scanner no longer working wirelessly through Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.