Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Extender

I bought a Netgear EX7000 to boost the signal of my landlords upstairs router. The connect shows up strong but none of my apple devices (iPad, iPhone, Apple TV 4th Generation) connect to the signal. What can I be missing?

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 6:28 PM

6 replies

Nov 27, 2015 8:12 PM in response to AFG034

Not sure what your question would have to do with an AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme or AirPort Time Capsule......the products pictured below that we support in this forum. But, we'll try to get you going on the right path.

User uploaded file

Temporarily, power off the Netgear extender and restart all of your devices. Then, move them as close as possible to the upstairs router and test to see if each device can connect to the signal from the upstairs router, even though it might be a weak signal.

What are the results when you do this?

Nov 28, 2015 1:55 PM in response to Bob Timmons

I've tried netgear customer service but they were zero help, telling me to do what I've already done.

Maybe you can help with another solution. The problem I'm having is my Apple TV 4th generation won't play my iTunes movies. I've had my landlord install an EOP device and turned on my AirPort Extreme and even with it still in the same room as my Apple TV, it doesn't work.

Nov 28, 2015 2:06 PM in response to AFG034

I'm sorry but I doubt that anyone on a support forum for Apple wireless routers will be able to provide any kind of step by step troubleshooting instructions for a Netgear product.

I assume that other devices can connect to the AirPort Extreme and it is operating normally. Would that be correct, or are you saying that the AirPort Extreme is not operating correctly with all of your devices?

If the AirPort Extreme is operating correctly, and the issue is the Apple TV, you should post your question in the Apple Tv support forum linked below.

Apple TV

Wifi Extender

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.