Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to find the icon that allows you to connect to apple tv, mine has disappeared from itunes and I don't know how to get it back.

I am trying to connect my itunes to my apple tv but I have lost the icon at the top of itunes that allows you to select playing through your computer or the apple tv. I do have sharing set up and it has worked before but I cannot seem to get my apple tv to find my itunes library so I was checking my itunes setting and could not find the connection icon. Can someone please tell me where I go in itunes to select playing through my apple TV?

Apple TV, Windows 10

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 6:56 PM

1 reply

Nov 29, 2015 6:34 AM in response to Goss@mer

Howdy Goss@mer,

It sounds like you are trying to use AirPlay to send content from iTunes on your computer to your Apple TV. Is that right?

Use the directions on this page to set this up - Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from iTunes on your computer.

In particular the last section -

If you don't see the AirPlay icon in iTunes

When an AirPlay enabled device is available, you'll see User uploaded file to the right of the volume slider in iTunes. If you don't see the icon, follow these steps:

1. Check that you have the latest version of iTunes and Apple TV software.
  2. Connect your computer and your other device to the same Wi-Fi network. If you're using Ethernet, connect both devices to the same router or hub. If you're using both Wi-Fi and Ethernet, connect your AirPlay device to the same router that your computer uses for Wi-Fi.
  3. Restart your computer, AirPlay device, and network router.
  4. Since some Airplay devices include an on/off option for AirPlay, look for the option in Settings and make sure the feature is on. Check the device's user guide for more information.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best to you.

I need to find the icon that allows you to connect to apple tv, mine has disappeared from itunes and I don't know how to get it back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.