Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I clean Iphoto duplicate

Hi! When I cropp, rotate or enhance a photo with Iphoto (9), I know it creates a duplicate.

How can I delete the original without using a software I have to pay ? Cleanmymac tell me I have 6Go of those but I have to pay to clean them, and I don't want !!

Thank you for your help

MacBook Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 9:49 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 10:23 PM in response to JulieLND

It doesn't create a duplicate. It creates a preview. If you use iPhoto then you want to use a non-destructive workflow, which preserves your original file.

If you do not want this then it's simple: do not use iPhoto or similar apps - Photos, Aperture, Lightroom etc - as these are specifically designed to work the way.

Get rid of CleanMyMac - it's pernicious junk ware and you risk doing significant damage to your OS X installation plus losing data from that app. This idea that you have 5 gigs of unnecessary data in iphoto being an excellent example of this.

But seriously, if you don't want a non-destructive workflow: don't use iPhoto.

How do I clean Iphoto duplicate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.