Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook pro mid 2012 is randomly restarting

If I twist the case slightly I can get it to reboot most of the time. The Genius Bar guy suggested the bottom cover needs to be replaced because a piece of foam that holds the holds the ram stable gets compressed and lets it shift causing the restarts. The ram idea makes sense because I did get some 3 beep events after the freeze. He reseated the ram and it was mostly OK for a day but then it froze and would not restart with the three beep code until I slightly twisted the case then it started. Does the cover suggestion sound reasonable? I am under Applecare until July but this my daughter' s machine at college so being without it is really bad.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 6:58 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2015 7:29 PM in response to Schnauzerguy

Use Apple Care. They will do what it takes to get your Mac "like New". The perk of being a Mac owner. Yes, being without it will be bad, but the reward upon return to you will be the pay off. No matter how many parts Apple has to replace you pa y nothing. Apple deems "un-repairable", you get a new one. I would use Apple Care while you still can.

Cheers!!

My macbook pro mid 2012 is randomly restarting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.