Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse 2 requires OS upgrade to El Capitan

My Macbook Pro was purchased only 2 months ago with Yosemite installed and I can no longer buy a Mouse for it, unless I upgrade my OS to El Capitan.

Apple no longer sells the original Magic Mouse and my 2 month old system is already too obsolete to use Magic Mouse 2, the only wireless mouse

Apple now sells. Seriously? How can it be so difficult to support the original Magic Mouse that it had to be discontinued?

I can't upgrade to El Capitan because I have software that doesn't work in El Capitan.

Like I said, my laptop is only 2 months old. It seems way too soon to be telling me my OS is too obsolete for a mouse.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 7:05 PM

7 replies

Nov 28, 2015 6:38 PM in response to Its-me-Luigi

I live in the US. I did find the original one on Amazon. I didn't go to an Apple store because it's Black Friday weekend and would probably be crazy crowded, but I just believed the Apple rep. when he said Apple no longer sells them.

I just wish Apple waited until the OS has been used awhile, is very stable, and applications have had a chance to be updated (whether by companies updating their apps, or Apple fixing something that may have inadvertently changed that broke highly used/important apps).

Magic Mouse 2 requires OS upgrade to El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.