Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad sounds don't work after the ios 9.1 upgrade

Most of my Ipad sounds aren't working after the upgrade, I can't choose music for my alarms. The few sounds I can choose from which make noise, the sounds are all about the same. It's definitely not working correctly. But I'm not having the problem on my iphone, just my ipad. Will this be fixed soon? I prefer to use my ipad for my alarm in the morning but it's not making any sound.

iPad Air, iOS 9.1, sounds

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 6:25 PM

5 replies

Nov 27, 2015 9:25 PM in response to bobseufert

I know what you're talking about, I use mute every time I go to class. The mute is NOT on. Plus you do get feedback sounds or email tones when the mute is on. It's my alarm sounds which aren't working. Like if you go into settings and choose sounds, or when you're setting an alarm through the clock and you pick the sound for the alarm, the options to choose from either don't work at all, or the ones that do all sounds like variations of the same sound. But here's a picture so that we're on the same page that my mute isn't on. Also my ipad has now started freezing up on me. Ugh! Is there anyway to undo the update or go back to an older IOS number?

User uploaded file

Nov 27, 2015 9:44 PM in response to brielle727

Thanks for the screenshot, it helps clarify the problem. No you can't undl the update it's a one way street. If you're not using bluetooth turn that off.

Step one in trouble shooting is a reset. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears. Release both buttons. Wait until your iPad starts on it's own.

Step two if the reset doesn't work is restore all settings. Go to settings> general> reset> reset all settings. No info is lost, just be sure you know your wifi passcode, you're going to have to log in to your wifi again.

my ipad sounds don't work after the ios 9.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.