Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari video distortion on Macbook Air Mid 2013

I have a mid 2013 macbook air running OS X 10.11.1, with an issue watching video in Safari. The problem is that in bright areas of the picture, distortion occurs in those areas and random blocky blue and yellow patches occur. I attached a picture for reference. If a take a screenshot, the distortion is missing in the resulting shot which makes me wonder if it is a GPU related issue. It's gotten to the point where I can no longer watch videos in Safari anymore whether it is youtube or netflix. When using chrome, this issue does not occur. Some history on the matter; this first occurred when I was running earlier versions of Yosemite, but went away in later versions. The issue also never occurred while using the El Capitan public beta. This issue only reoccured when I moved to the stable version of El Capitan. Does anyone have an issue like this, or know how to fix it, if it is fixable at all?

Side note: The distortion goes away when any form of video controls are on the screen and will reappear as soon as the overlay disappears.

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 8:43 PM

There are no replies.

Safari video distortion on Macbook Air Mid 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.