Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X (10.2.0 vsn) does not let me save any Plug-Ins custom preset !!

Since I've updated from 10.0.2 vsn, Logic Does not let me save any Plug-Ins Presets giving me the following message: "Insufficient access privileges for operation - Result code = - 5.000 - File = #default.pst"

I've already trashed the preferences and restarted the machine without success; already verified and repaired permissions several times...

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks !!

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 6:30 AM

Verify permission settings on your drives. Select a drive in the Finder, Cmd-i, bottom of window.

4 replies

Nov 28, 2015 6:30 AM in response to BenB

Thank you so much !! The problem was exactly the permission over folders and certain files... I've changed of user acount by transfering all files from one user to another; the files kept the old permission and I had to change all the permissions....MANUALLY... lots of work !!! But it has worked !

Thank you !!!

Glaucus

Feb 8, 2016 4:23 PM in response to mferrante1

You need to reset / Set permissions to RWX for not just the Apple Loops Folder but all folders and files inside that folder..... to Everyone.... and clear ACLs and unlock..... again, for everything you are trying to share...

Do not do so for the entire drive unless it is an external data Hard Drive and not your system drive... Just the folder or folders you are trying to share.

You will likely find the excellent BatCHmod, the quickest and easiest way of achieving this...

http://www.lagentesoft.com/bm_instructions/index.html

The settings you will need to use, should look something like this after you have selected the folder you wish to share...
User uploaded file

The owner name will be your User/Admin name... (It should be auto filled for you) leave Group set to whatever it is set to... and then check the boxes for all three categories and options as indicated in the screenshot.

Now click apply and wait about 5 mins before quitting Batchmod. even though it seems to complete the task quickly...

Note: make sure you have a full working backup you can restore your system drive from before attempting this as batchmod is a very 'dangerous' tool.. if used incorrectly...

Once done restart your Mac.. along with any other Macs that you are trying to share with and test....

Logic Pro X (10.2.0 vsn) does not let me save any Plug-Ins custom preset !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.