Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fresh install of 10.9.5 (overwriting?)

I have upgraded from a Powermac G5 to a Mac Pro early 2009 (used) running 10.9.5. One problem - I have no photo app. I thought Photos was on it but not now. I might have deleted it when I migrated from my old mac. What is the best way to get the iPhoto app on this mac? First, does 10.9.5 support iPhoto?

Which leads to my mail question. I bought 10.9.5 on a flash drive since I don't have the original install discs. If I boot the mac from the flash drive and click install, will it overwrite 10.9.5 on my mac and will that slow or damage my computer? I was hoping to just find a photo app on the flash drive and install the app only but I am afraid to click "install". Or will the mac tell me that 10.9.5 is already installed and let me abort the installation?

Hope I have been clear enough to get some guidance wtih this. Thanks.

bammill

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 7:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2015 3:05 PM

The Mac you purchased should have been delivered to you with the original System. And the system disks containing any software you're missing like Photos and anything else. I'd give Apple a call, tell them your serial number and they'll ship you the original system disks at a nominal cost. Then, you can install the original system and upgrade from there.

As far as the fresh install, where did you get the flash drive from?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2015 3:05 PM in response to bammill

The Mac you purchased should have been delivered to you with the original System. And the system disks containing any software you're missing like Photos and anything else. I'd give Apple a call, tell them your serial number and they'll ship you the original system disks at a nominal cost. Then, you can install the original system and upgrade from there.

As far as the fresh install, where did you get the flash drive from?

Fresh install of 10.9.5 (overwriting?)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.