Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal keyboard and trackpad are blocked (macBook pro)

Hi everyone. For last 2 weeks I'm getting a weird problem every other day. When I open my laptop, it's internal keyboard and trackpad are completely blocked and i can't do anything except for shut it down (for some reason the shut down button is still working), after half a minute Bluetooth Setup Assistant window is opened

User uploaded file(I'm apologising for picture's quality)

and then the laptop stays in the same state. After restart the issue disappears for couple of days. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it ? Thank you in advance

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 10:41 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 8:07 AM in response to EladShtiegmann

Good Morning EladShtiegmann,

If you are having trouble with your internal keyboard and trackpad, take a look at the troubleshooting steps outlined in the resource below. It sounds like you have a bluetooth accessory nearby that is trying to connect to your MacBook. First, try turning bluetooth off on your Mac, then try the steps as outlined in the article.

If your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad aren‘t working as expected
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204621

Happy Holidays to you!

Nov 30, 2015 6:24 AM in response to EladShtiegmann

Hi EladShtiegmann,

I think there is an external bluetooth device trying to connect to your computer. I was suggesting you turn the bluetooth off as an initial troubleshooting step - that is the reason for the article above. A few more things you can try are to unplug all peripherals and restart the computer in Safe Mode; and to reset the computer's PRAM. Here's how:

Starting up in safe mode
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

Starting up in safe mode

Follow these steps to start up into safe mode.

1. Start or restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately after you hear the startup sound, press and hold the Shift key.
  3. Release the Shift key when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.

After the Apple logo appears, it might take longer than usual to reach the login screen or your desktop. This is because your Mac performs a directory check of your startup disk as part of safe mode.

To leave safe mode, restart your computer without pressing any keys during startup.

If you don't hear a startup chime after pressing the power key, see what to do if your Mac won't turn on.

If you're using FileVault

If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault, you can still hold down the Shift key immediately after powering on your Mac to start up in safe mode. You might be prompted to log in twice as part of this process – first to unlock the startup disk, and a second time to log into the Finder. You can let go of the Shift key after you see the first login screen.

User uploaded file

If an issue doesn't happen in safe mode

If an issue doesn't happen when your Mac is started in safe mode, try restarting again without pressing any keys at startup. If the issue appears to be resolved when you start up normally, it was possibly caused by a cache or a directory issue with your startup disk that safe mode fixed.

If you restart your Mac normally and an issue comes back when you reach your desktop, try disabling any login items that automatically open when you log in.

OS X El Capitan: Reset your computer’s PRAM
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21876?locale=en_US

1. Choose Apple menu > Shut Down.

2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.

3. Turn on your Mac.

4. Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the black screen with the Apple logo appears.

Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.

5. Release the keys.

Take care,

Internal keyboard and trackpad are blocked (macBook pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.