Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix subtitles 4th generation - how to turn off permanently?

Just got 4th generation Apple TV.

WAtched a couple episodes on Netflix with no subtitles, now I have to turn them off each time I watch a new episode.

HOw do I turn them off permanently

AppleTV 2, 4th generation

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 9:08 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 7:27 AM in response to jbeerling

Hi jbeerling,

I understand you want to turn off subtitles for your Netflix episodes. I'm including the User Guide for Apple TV (4th generation) for you below with instructions for how to customize the settings for subtitles.

http://help.apple.com/appletv/#/atvb5ca42eb9

Closed captions and subtitles

If you prefer special accessible captions, such as subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing (SDH), you can set Apple TV to list them instead of standard subtitles and captions. You can also customize the look of subtitles and captions.

Note: Not all videos include closed captions.

Turn on Closed Captions and SDH. In Settings User uploaded file, go to General > Accessibility > then turn on “Closed Captions and SDH.” Or, use the Accessibility Shortcut. See Accessibility Shortcut.

Customize your subtitles and captions. In Settings User uploaded file, go to General > Accessibility > Style, where you can choose an existing caption style or create a new style based on your choice of:

Netflix has some additional information relative to their content. Here is the link to their website:

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/372

Happy Holidays!

Netflix subtitles 4th generation - how to turn off permanently?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.