Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading: Yosemite or El Captain

I have an MacBook Pro. The Processor is: Intel Core 2 Duo, Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz, Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2, L2 Cache: 3 MB, Memory: 4 GB. Right now I am running !0.6.8. Should I upgrade to Yosemite or El Captain. (I read about many problems with El Captain). Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), iOS 6

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2015 7:31 PM

Whether you should update is 100% up to you. However remember 10.6.8 no longer has security updates and also the longer you wait the more difficult it will be if you use legacy applications that may be reaching the end of their supported or useful lives.

5 replies

Nov 30, 2015 7:44 PM in response to babowa

The reason I am asking is that I just bought an iphone 6 (I previously had a 5c). When I plug it in my mac, it says I need a newer version of itunes (i have 11.4). And to install that new version, it requires OSX 10.8.5 or later. So do I need to get el captain?

I have never upgraded to Yosemite. Memory is 4GB on my MAc.

Upgrading: Yosemite or El Captain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.