Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Air 2 screen not responding intermittently

I Have an iPad Air 2 with ios9.1 installed. Every so often the screen response to taps and slides seems to slow down. when I slide the screen across I can see that what is actually happening is that the iPad thinks that I am removing my finger, so a slide becomes a series of taps, as if I am lifting my finger off of the screen. If I am typing, I sometimes have to tap a letter twice to get the press to register. The only way to return the iPad to normal is a reset, holding the power and home keys on until the Apple logo appears.

ANyone else experie similar symptoms?

iPad Air, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 10:21 PM

3 replies

Nov 29, 2015 7:56 AM in response to Madrilleno

Hi Madrilleno,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It looks like the touchscreen on your iPad Air 2 doesn't always respond as it should. To troubleshoot, start with these tips from If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch:

Check your touchscreen

Make sure that your hands are clean and dry, then try these steps:

1. If you have a case or screen protector on your device, try removing it.
  2. Clean the screen with a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth.
  3. Unplug your device.
  4. Restart your device. If you can't restart it, you can force restart your device.

If your touchscreen still doesn't respond like it should, contact Apple Support or take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Best Regards.

IPad Air 2 screen not responding intermittently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.