Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why won't my album covers show up?

why won't my album covers show up??? please help I have tried everything and frankly I am getting very annoyed. no matter what I do they will NOT show up on my phone! I tried resetting Cache. I tried unsyncing and syncing the music but nothing is working! my software is up to date, I have the iPhone 6. PLEASE HELP!!! thanks.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1, iPhone 6

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 10:50 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 6:19 AM in response to bunnabrock

If syncing isn't working as it is supposed to the following steps should work:

1. Backup your device
  2. Restore as a new device
  3. Restore the backup made earlier

A feature introduced with iOS 9 referred to as app thinning or app slicing allows each device to download only the code and resources needed by that device, resulting in smaller downloads and better use of storage on the device. As a consequence the device no longer holds the universal version of the app that could be installed on any device so transferring apps is no longer supported. Hopefully Apple will make some changes to the way this works, but in the meantime you can download past purchases from iTunes and/or enable automatic downloads of app purchases to make sure that iTunes always has the apps that you want on your device. As long as you make sure all apps are present and updated in iTunes before attempting a restore there should be no loss of data. I can't confirm, but it seems a recent update means that all data is restored and apps that are not in the library are queued for download from the iTunes Store over Wi-Fi, in a similar fashion to the way restore from iCloud works.

tt2

why won't my album covers show up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.