Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a yahoo email address and mobile rescue number that was put on and verified on my phone by someone else now I am locked out and Apple has no way to send me the code because I forgot my iCloud password and can only remember one of my security

I Bought a iPhone 5c in dec. 2013 from a local cricket wireless store in Conroe Texas. The phone was new. I used the phone for about 8 months until I forgot my iCloud password and was put on lock my phone. I did'nt use the phone again until I wanted to activate it for my son to use. That's when I discovered this phone is really locked. I contacted Apple support and have stayed in constant contact with them through this whole process. They told me find your proof of purchase or answer at least two of your security questions correctly and we can help. So I called, visited and called again the cricket cust service number and the store I bought the phone from. In a nutshell no one has helped me get my proof of purchase not even their corporate store in Houston Tx. There reasoning was we are now running on AT&T towers and no longer have access to our old system. Then I talk to a territory cricket manager and he said he has one store he knows that still uses the old system. Great I go to the store 1 hour drive and the manager is not there only a rep who has only been with cricket for three months. She did what she could do but did not know how to open most of the files on her computer. So I call the store mgr. the next day and he very rudely told me I have 30 sec. What do I need. I said I'm not a sales rep I just need to get some info from you because johnathon the territory manager said you are running on the old system still. He said no I don't use the old system and hung up the phone. I think some of these cricket stores are individually owned and really do not like working with any corporate problems. So I get back with my Apple tech. He said ok you have a yahoo email and mobile number on your phone as a rescue device. Great. But it wasn't my email address or my mobile number. How did that happen? Could someone hacked into my iPhone? So I kept putting diff fidgets in the number that was on my phone and guessed it right. I called the number and an old lady answered and I told her who I was and asked have you been receiving any strange text on your phone today? She said yes I think I have a virus I need to take it back to cricket. I said no that's me your number is in my phone as a rescue number and the text your getting are from yahoo sending you the code I need to get my phone unlocked. She then told me I have to go and hung up. Poor lady she probably thinks im a scam artist trying to get one over on her. So then I emailed the yahoo rescue account and explained my situation. No response. Apple even shows the phone was bought in December 2013 but there rules will not allow them to unlock phones unless they have so many facts or questions answered. I guess I can keep trying to get through to the old lady but I don't know she just didn't seem to believe her number could be connected to my phone. So what do I do? Keep pushing cricket? To locate my purchase I know they don't just get rid of documents like that I think they really don't know how to work any of their software there using and I'm just a problem to them. Any suggestions? Im starting to think I'm loosing my mind with all the time and effort I have put into getting my phone unlocked.

iPhone 5c, Locked out of iCloud fake email

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 11:44 PM

2 replies

There is a yahoo email address and mobile rescue number that was put on and verified on my phone by someone else now I am locked out and Apple has no way to send me the code because I forgot my iCloud password and can only remember one of my security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.