Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgraded to El Capitan, and all my fonts were deleted. HELP!

As the headline reads, I, too, upgraded to El Capitan on my Macbook Pro (early 2011 model) and my fonts are not available in any Microsoft Application. Times New Roman, a standard font, even got deleted! I'm not too thrilled about this! Anyways, I deleted all the font files I downloaded, then re-downloaded them.

After downloading them, I've tried:

1. Dragging them directly into Fontbook. The KG fonts appear in my fontbook, but when I try to use them in any Microsoft Application, they do not appear.

2. I dragged them directly into /MacintoshHD/Library/Fonts/ and they transferred but still do not appear in Microsoft Word.

3. I tried dragging them into /MacintoshHD/Systems/Library/Fonts/ but it won't allow me to transfer all the font files.

4. I've also tried using FontNuke but nothing happens with that application.

What the heck is going on? I am beyond frustrated because I NEED those fonts for my kindergarten class. I create my worksheets so it is very important that I have the fonts.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 12:19 AM

There are no replies.

Upgraded to El Capitan, and all my fonts were deleted. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.