Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD in 2008 iMac

Hello everyone!

HDD on my moms older 2008 iMac is dying, so I decided that I will upgrade it with SSD. Can not decide between Samsung 850 EVO & Kingston V300, price wise it is a pretty significant difference, but Im not too sure about performance. EVO is like 100mbps faster than V300, and was reading in some forums that EVO would last longer than V300. On what max speeds SSD inside this iMac will run anyway?

Any comments and suggestions on this?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 11:10 PM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 12:03 AM in response to Suhov

You are over thinking it, your Mom likely won't notice the difference between the two if she is using the computer for e-mail, surfing the Internet, doing her checkbook, etc in other words basic everyday computing. Considering the age of the computer (8 years!!!) it's limitations will be the amount of RAM installed, the GPU and the CPU.

Either SSD will be fine and if everything else continues working, both SSDs will work for years.

SSD in 2008 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.