Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change my country/app store; but when I put my payment information in, it keeps saying my card is declined. How do I fix this?? I really want to change my region/app store!

So I went through the steps:

1. View Apple ID

2. Change Country or Region

3. *the region I want*

4. Agreed to terms of conditions

5. Put in all of my information + Payment method

But it keeps saying, "Your credit card is declined."

First of all, I couldn't have any "unpaid" issues because I've never bought anything before.

Everything I got and needed was free.

Second of all, I don't even know what it is, but I don't have those passes that I saw google talking about.

What is that anyways?

But yes, is it because my card is a debit card?

I really want to change my region/app store to the US!!!!

iPhone 4, iOS 9.1, null

Posted on Nov 27, 2015 11:23 PM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2015 12:08 AM in response to mirac1e

If you owe iTunes anything, or if you had any outstanding passes (buying a pass allows you to download a TV series as/when its episodes are released), you would get a different error.

You are currently in the US, the card was issued by a US bank, and it's registered to the same name and address as you are trying to put on your account ? If you are, and the card is, then try contacting your card issuer and see if they are declining it. If they aren't then do you have a different card that you could try ?

Jul 15, 2016 12:36 AM in response to kobe_mvp

Are you in the US ? If you aren't then you cannot use the US store - being in a country is part of the store's terms

Is that a must to change app store region?

It seems to be now : Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

When you change the country or region of an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method and update your billing options. If you want to remove your payment method after you change the country or region, you can change your payment information to None.

I can and have used my credit cards to purchase things from the US even though my cards are not issued by a US bank. So why is apple declining my cards?

Different stores have different rules/validation, asking for card details is way of checking that you have valid billing address in the country

I want to change my country/app store; but when I put my payment information in, it keeps saying my card is declined. How do I fix this?? I really want to change my region/app store!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.