Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I permanently remove my phone number from other devices associated with my Apple ID?

How can I PERMANENTLY remove my phone number from other devices associated with my Apple ID?

Hello. I am currently using an iPhone 5s (iOS 8.3), and for several months I have been unable to use iMessage (much to my and others' annoyance) and FaceTime due to the fact that I know that my family members have been able to access my phone number and enable my messages and FaceTime calls directly to their Apple devices when I have them turned on; there are primarily three other devices associated with my Apple ID used by different members of my family (one iPhone, 3 iPads -- I myself own an iPad as well). I am highly aware that such an issue can be worked out by accessing Settings > Messages > Send/Receive and adjusting the settings to our favorable preferences, but when I have enabled iMessage/FaceTime, my phone number (as well as one of theirs) is able to be simply turned on by a simple tap across all of our devices. I am trying to avoid them enabling my phone number COMPLETELY. I do not wish to create a new Apple ID, nor do I want to make any of them create a separate one either, because we all share several purchases across devices. This used to not happen, I used to be able to use iMessage freely, but it's really began to be a hassle and quite frankly I am VERY fed up. I would greatly appreciate any and all help I can get. Additionally, I would be delighted to respond to any replies with answers to any questions and/or provide details regarding the resolution of this issue.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 5:06 AM

There are no replies.

How can I permanently remove my phone number from other devices associated with my Apple ID?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.