Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where can i find mac os x 10.4 intel to download ?

Hi,

I have a Mac Mini 2006 model with intel processor and Mac OS X 10.6.8 installed on it.

I really want to use Mac OS X Tiger on it for research, but i lost the installation DVD.

any suggestion ?

Dana 🙂

Mac mini (Early 2006), Mac OS X (10.4.8)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 6:26 AM

6 replies

Feb 6, 2016 8:21 AM in response to Limnos

Is snow leopard the latest OS X version that Apple still sells officially? I would like to purchase a Retail Copy of OS X Tiger for my fully rebuilt and refurbished machine the PowerMac G5 2.0GHz Dual CPU.

Yes, I know it can actually run Leopard (Not Snow Leopard) but my goal as a collector is to bring this back to factory settings.

Any info is appreciated.

Feb 6, 2016 8:59 AM in response to SocialGamer

If you are looking for the original OS for that computer you can try calling Apple Support (not sales) and ask them if they have discs. I think you will have to be very lucky unless they found a set they overlooked tossing 5 years ago. If that computer came with Tiger then retail version discs may pre-date the required version for booting the computer. If you really want Tiger retail you can ask them but I think it exceedingly unlikely they will have any. Them selling Snow Leopard (which won't run on that computer) for this long is unusual and I think it was to permit owners of older Intel Macs to make the transition to newer OS versions only available as downloads with Mac App Store app. However, in recent software versions Apple has abandoned support for that generation of Macs so I see the writing on the wall for Sow Leopard discs too.

where can i find mac os x 10.4 intel to download ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.