Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new MBP and cannot find Bonjour - where can I get it?

I have Yousemite 10.10.5 but no Bonjour installed. Do I need it? Where can I find it?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 3:58 AM

7 replies

Nov 28, 2015 4:25 AM in response to christine_stockholm

Bonjour is not an application - it's a facility built into OSX which enables networking with minimal setup.

From Wikepedia:

'Bonjour is Apple's implementation of Zero-configuration networking (Zeroconf), a group of technologies that includes service discovery, address assignment, and hostname resolution. Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records.

The software comes built-in with Apple's OS X and iOS operating systems. Bonjour can also be installed onto computers running Microsoft Windows. Bonjour components may also be included within other software such as iTunes and Safari.'

You've asked about this in the Bonjour for Windows forum - its available as a download for Windows but this is not relevant to you as you have a Mac.

I have a new MBP and cannot find Bonjour - where can I get it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.