Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro, 15', late 2011

Purchased in April 2012.

Problems started 2015. In June the VST was exchanged on an extended warranty. It helped video issues but problems persisted.

In August I brought the computer back to the repair shop. They told me before they had looked at the computer that I needed a new hard disk.

It is marked on the proof of delivery. I got a new hard disk and the computer worked better but issues remained with the screen.

I therefore brought the computer back to the repair shop (MAC certified). They kept the computer but before I left they asked me if I had not considered buying a new computer (i.e. this was before actually having looked at the computer) and sell the one I had. I found that very odd after having spent SEK5000 on the computer in 2015, and recently having exchanged the hard disk at the repair shop. Anyway, they kept the computer. I did not get a note of delivery, so I sent them an email confirming the situation, including a description of the problems I was having: continued problems with the screen, computer freezing, not being able to close it wihout using the power button (ctrol + command+ esc did not work). AFter a month they had still not found out what was wrong with the computer but they asked if I had considered buying a new graphic card, and did I want the price for one.... I began looking on the net figuring there must be a connection between the problems and found, inter alia, the following: http://uk.businessinsider.com/apple-2011-macbook-pro-repair-program-faulty-graph ics-cards-2015-2. I went back to the repair shop to pick up my computer, and asking them about the class action suit and the ongoing petition against Apple for some Mac Book Pros, including my kind. They claimed they had never heard of a class action suit against Apple, nor of an ongoing petition....

It seems unlikely being that they are certified by Apple. I am at my wits end. I need advice please!

PS I also exchanged the housing, top case with keyboard in March this year. I thought a few drops of water had caused the problem with the keyboard but the technician told me that the keyboard was very dirty, no sign of water. I asked to have the keyboard back. That way I could clean it and perhaps use it again if the need ocured. I could have it but then I would have to pay $60 for it. Does one always have to buy back one's old parts?

HOping for enlightened and enlightening answers!

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 2:45 AM

1 reply

MacBook Pro, 15', late 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.