Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud syncing not working on MacOS

Anyone else having this problem? My iCloud mail seems to be working perfectly on all devices except for my iMac. There's no overall "Mail isn't in sync with iCloud" message, but I'm not getting new mail and I can't move or delete anything stored in the cloud. Thoughts. I know the best thing to do is probably to disconnect from iCloud and reconnect, but that process always has so much collateral impact that makes it unappealing. Any help would be appreciated.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 5:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 2:21 PM

Mail/Preferences/Accounts/Account Information - try disabling the account, restart Mail, and then enable it.

3 replies

Nov 28, 2015 2:51 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your input. I actually found the solution a few minutes after I posted the question.

There was a password missing in the SMTP server setup for iCloud. I was clearing out an old server and I noticed the missing password. Put it in and it started working. How it became "missing" or why there's no indication as to why things are not working, I have no idea. But it works now.

Thanks.

iCloud syncing not working on MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.