Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have three Macs, an i-phone and an i-pad. Apple has advised that I cannot have five devices and share information through i-cloud on all these unless I 'take out' one device. Is this true and if so what can I do if I want all five to function sim

I have three Macbook Pros, an i-pad and an i-phone and use i-cloud. My latest Mac has not downloaded my music and photos and other 'things.' Apple popped a message on screen stating that I cannot have five devices synced to one another and one of the devices has to be 'taken out.' Is this true and if I do want to be able to use all five with the same information on all, is there an answer? I wait for the cleverest to reply, and thank you in anticipation!

Nicholas

MacBook Pro (15-inch Late 2011), iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 8:03 AM

3 replies

Nov 28, 2015 9:35 AM in response to GrouchoHazel

It is to 5 computers for standard authorizations. Authorized computers can be used to transfer content to an unlimited number of Apple devices.

The second limit is 10 computers or iOS devices (no more than 5 of which can be computers) which can be associated with an Apple ID for automatic downloads of purchased content. Once associated with an Apple ID such a device or computer cannot be associated with a different ID for 90 days. Apple TVs do not count as associated devices.

tt2

I have three Macs, an i-phone and an i-pad. Apple has advised that I cannot have five devices and share information through i-cloud on all these unless I 'take out' one device. Is this true and if so what can I do if I want all five to function sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.