Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book air saturated

Hello,

I do not understand why my MacBook Air is saturated. I have an iCloud account with 200 Go. I put all my files in ICloud Drive. There is almost nothing on my MacBook Air. And it is still saturated with 47 Go of photos...exactly the weight of photos I find in the ICloudDrive. I thought that when I put a files in ICloudDrive this one was forwarded to the ICloud and did not stay on my MacBook. Does someone can help me to understand ?

Thank you

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 8:52 AM

Everything that is on iCloud Drive is also on your Mac. There is no option to store a file on iCloud Drive and remove it from your Mac. If you open Finder and click the Go menu and then iCloud Drive you can see the local copies. The orientation of iCloud is primarily as a way to share files between various devices and it is not designed to be a cloud-only storage location. There are 3rd party services such as Dropbox and OneDrive that do have cloud-only storage options.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2015 8:52 AM in response to SophieWB

Everything that is on iCloud Drive is also on your Mac. There is no option to store a file on iCloud Drive and remove it from your Mac. If you open Finder and click the Go menu and then iCloud Drive you can see the local copies. The orientation of iCloud is primarily as a way to share files between various devices and it is not designed to be a cloud-only storage location. There are 3rd party services such as Dropbox and OneDrive that do have cloud-only storage options.

Mac book air saturated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.