Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari won't open

Hi, while using Safari I got a prompt alerting me to a Flash Player update. Went thru the process, but was told I already had a more advanced version of it. I noticed that during the installing process that Safari quit. When I tried to reopen it it would start to open them quit. During first time a window opened for "advanced mac cleaner". I did a find for advanced mac cleaner and trashed it. But Safari will still not stay open. Any ideas how to fix this?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), iPhone is 5S

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 8:46 AM

5 replies

Nov 28, 2015 9:18 AM in response to Kenneth Bublitz

OK, so I have been able to re-open Safari. Here is what I did, after reading some other questions:

After starting the update process I noticed pop up windows for 2 apps, Advanced Mac Cleaner and Zip Cloud. I did a find for each and trashed each. Knock on wood, Safari is still running. During this process I realized that I started having problems with adware a ferw weeks ago after also updating Flash Player.

So no my question is this: How does one tell a legitimate update alert-- whether Flash Player or Adobe reader or Java- from a bogus one?

Safari won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.