Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 9.1 Update destroyed Battery Life

I have been at my wits end since ios 9.1 updated on my iphone. It wasn't but a few hours before I realized something was not right with this update. My phone went from 100% charge to critically low. Let me preface this with the fact that I don't talk or text on my phone a lot. Prior to this update I could go for days without charging. After this update my phone needs charging in 8 hours. Naturally, I thought something had to be wrong with the phone, because Apple doesn't publish fail updates, right?. Went through all the motions, right down to making an appointment at the Genius Bar. Nothing is wrong with the phone. Its the update. So now in order to maintain a decent charge, I have in effect turned everything off. Guess what, battery lasts for days again. So Apple development team what on earth have you done in this update to eat battery life like popcorn. Please fix it, Please! I use to shout the praises of Apple products battery life from the roof tops, now I'm hiding under the bed. Thank God, I didn't allow this update on my IPad.

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 10:21 AM

4 replies

Dec 6, 2015 12:43 AM in response to Lp7p

Well I have finally regained control of my battery life after the iOS updated 9.1. First, I reset settings, then I turned off basically everything. This is so jacked up, but at least my iphone will hold a charge now for longer than 8hrs of non-use. I refuse to let my Ipad update until they fix this.

Dec 7, 2015 9:40 AM in response to Lp7p

When you first update, your battery is being used while your apps are all updating and that is normal. Things will settle down once this stops and battery life will go back to normal or even improve. If you look back in the history of this forum, this "update has destroyed my battery!" claim has been posted for every single version of iOS going back to the very first one.

Ios 9.1 Update destroyed Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.