Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retina MacBook Pro won't turn on.

When I connect the charger it goes to green then orange to signal that its charging. then it does not show anything on the screen. neither the capslock key dont work. when i closely listen inside the machine placing my ears on top of the keyboard, I hear a fan trying to power on then it goes off. this cycle of a fan going on and off repeats itself as long as the charger is plugged in. when i remove the charger and try to turn it on, nothing happens and the fan stops too . My power adapter was cut, I had someone fixing it by joining the wires could that be the issue?? But earlier it was charging properly. I was able to use it properly yesterday full day with no issues, but this morning it wont turn on. please help me fix this. any ideas guys? Please help..

Running the latest Update of OS X El Capitan.

MacBook Pro Retina 13 Inches

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11), Failing to install.

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2015 7:28 AM

I already fixed the problem. I booted on direct power by first resetting the PRAM then then the MagSafe conector constantly starts to blink green, there after i pressed the power button and held on to it for like 15 seconds. and vuala the machine powered on.. but without the battery.. and the fans were running high too and noisy.. left it on for like 5 mins on direct ac power.. then i reset the SMC while the pc is still on, and Yaiy! power went in to the battery and now it works fine. Hope this works for others who will encounter the same problem I did.

Have a good day!🙂

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2015 7:28 AM in response to Gerald62

I already fixed the problem. I booted on direct power by first resetting the PRAM then then the MagSafe conector constantly starts to blink green, there after i pressed the power button and held on to it for like 15 seconds. and vuala the machine powered on.. but without the battery.. and the fans were running high too and noisy.. left it on for like 5 mins on direct ac power.. then i reset the SMC while the pc is still on, and Yaiy! power went in to the battery and now it works fine. Hope this works for others who will encounter the same problem I did.

Have a good day!🙂

Retina MacBook Pro won't turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.