Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sort GB projects by name anymore.

GB 10.1.0

El Capitan 10.11.1

Hello people,

For some reason my list of GB projects has become scrambled. They seem to be permanently listed by date. Selecting ' sort by name' no longer works. (Nor 'kind') I have always kept the list in alphabetical order.

Workflow: When in Garageband i select 'Open an Existing Project'. This brings me to my long list of projects. However, they are now listed by date and nothing i do can bring the list back to alphabetical. What is the problem?

I have tried quitting GB and restarting imac. No help.

thanks,

Bellyup

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 9:53 AM

This is an OSX mechanism "Open Dialog" and "Save Dialog" and not necessarily a GarageBand issue.

Two questions:

• Do you se the same behavior with other apps that have a Open File dialog (Pages, Number, text edit, etc)?
  • When you navigate to a different folder iside the Open Dialog, do they let you sort the files by name?

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2015 9:53 AM in response to bellyup

This is an OSX mechanism "Open Dialog" and "Save Dialog" and not necessarily a GarageBand issue.

Two questions:

• Do you se the same behavior with other apps that have a Open File dialog (Pages, Number, text edit, etc)?
  • When you navigate to a different folder iside the Open Dialog, do they let you sort the files by name?

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Nov 28, 2015 12:17 PM in response to EdgarRothermich

Thanks a lot Edgar -- problem solved.

After reading your post, I checked my Logic and noticed the sane prob. To try something/anything, i disabled the Date Added listing and bingo -- I'm back to alphabetical in Logic and in GB. I do recall selecting Date Added a while back as it gives me useful info but i prefer not having this info if it means losing control over the presentation of my lists. Looks to me like a bug of sorts.

Merci.

Can't sort GB projects by name anymore.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.