Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i transfer files from iphone to iphone without deleting current data?

So i bought an iphone 6 about a month ago i really like the device and i got all my contacts and data on it.

Last week i recieved a new iphone 6 from my work that i can use so now i have 2 iPhones wich is pretty useless so id like to transfer all my data from my "old" iphone 6 to the new iphone 6 i recieved from my work but without deleting the current data on the iphone from my work because it has alot of usefull stuff on it that i need for my work.

Does anyone know how to do this? (transfer all my data from an old iphone to a new iphone without deleting the current data on the new one)

Thanks in advance!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 8:38 AM

4 replies

Nov 29, 2015 8:40 AM in response to ElkeSlegers

Transferring files via AirDrop or iCloud Drive won't delete anything currently on your phone.

If you were to backup your old phone and then use that backup to restore to the new phone, that would completely replace the existing contents of your new phone -- which is why I didn't suggest that.

You can transfer pictures through AirDrop -- but it might not be fun if you have a lot of photos.

If you reply with some more information I can give you some possibly better advice re contacts and photos:

1) are both phones currently using the same ID in Settings > iCloud?

2) how many photos do you need to transfer?

How do i transfer files from iphone to iphone without deleting current data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.