Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't sync not enough storage

Hi,

I'm trying to sync new videos to my iPad Air (also, I have the same problem with my iPod Touch bought new August 2014), and when I get to a certain point in the sync it says "cannot be synched because there is not enough free storage", and usually it's a small amount like 1.5 GB needed when the space allocation bar at the bottom of the window clearly shows over 8 GB free.

Also, when I try to sync and this problem shows up the Apps section of the allocation bar fluctuates between 9.8 GB and 11.01 GB for no apparent reason.

I have read the other discussions on here with similar problems, and the consensus seems to be remove everything and resync. The problem I have with that is that after I got one of those messages I tried to sync one item at a time it worked once before giving me the problem again.

Is this just a dumb glitch with the new iOSes? Would like a straight answer, don't give me a link to a non-existent article and don't tell me to take off everything, I have serious doubts that that will fix everything. Plus, Ihave a lot of local data that is impossible to back up.

iPod touch (5th generation), Windows 7

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 9:59 AM

There are no replies.

can't sync not enough storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.