Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing payment question?

Hello all,

I recently set up family sharing for my household... and linked my wife and her sister to my Apple Music subscription. We also like the location tracker (so we can see where any one of us is and if we're safe). My sister in law lives with us.

Anyway, my sister in law made some app purchases and it was billed to my credit card. I've gone into iTunes settings and iCloud settings but can not find a way to block my sister in law from making purchases on my card and she likewise can't find a way to have her purchases billed to her own card.

Is there any way to accomplish this? We'd hate to take her off of family sharing and not be able to utilize the location tracker or my Apple Music subscription.

Any input would be appreciated!

-Matt

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 10:26 AM

Whilst she's in family sharing (and not the organiser) she can't use her own credit card, she can either use a balance on her account or your (as the organiser) credit card : Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account, unless that family member has gift or store credit. First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill. The remainder will bill to the family organizer's card. As the family organizer, any receipts generated by the transaction will be sent to you
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2015 10:26 AM in response to Matt13

Whilst she's in family sharing (and not the organiser) she can't use her own credit card, she can either use a balance on her account or your (as the organiser) credit card : Family purchases and payments - Apple Support

After you set up your family, any time a family member initiates a new purchase it will be billed directly to your account, unless that family member has gift or store credit. First, their store credit will be used to pay the partial or total bill. The remainder will bill to the family organizer's card. As the family organizer, any receipts generated by the transaction will be sent to you

Family sharing payment question?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.