Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question about iPhone 6s Plus charging time

I just got my iPhone 6s Plus and I noticed that it takes 3 hours to charge its battery from 0 to 100% using its official wall charger and while Power mode turned ON so is this the normal charging time for iPhone 6s Plus ?

thanks in advance

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2015 2:39 PM

you are killing it if you are running it down to 0% before charging it

litium ion batteries life span is murdered by such a behaveiour read more

http://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/

3 replies

Dec 1, 2015 2:39 PM in response to TAD_TK

3 hours is normal, but you should charge it before it reaches zero. It won't actually hurt if you charge it as soon as it shuts off ("zero" is not really a flat battery; Apple leaves some reserve in the battery to prevent battery damage from fully depleting it, but if you leave it at zero for a few days it WILL shorten the battery life).

The best practice is to charge the phone overnight, every night. It's very "smart" and will stop charging at 100%, so there is no danger of overcharging if you leave it connected to power after it reaches full charge. If you enable iCloud backups it will also back up automatically every night if it is connected to power and WiFi.

Question about iPhone 6s Plus charging time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.