Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"files not found" error - sounds keep dumping into trash

I'm using garageband 10.3

I've been recording lots music lately, but sometimes when I open up my projects, I get an error saying that a huge list of the tracks I recorded were not found. After investigating, they keep randomly dumping into the trash bin. But I can't seem to restore the tracks into my project.

so I have two questions:
1. How do I prevent this from happening anymore because it's super frustrating, especially after I invest multiple hours into a song, just to have to retrack all the missing segments.

2. How do I restore the files into the project?

Thanks!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 10:44 AM

1 reply

Nov 28, 2015 10:55 AM in response to TayTayGumby

Small Update:
I right clicked the project file, clicked "view contents", clicked "Media", and then moved all of the randomly dumped sound files into the "audio files" folder. This successfully repaired my missing tracks, which is wonderful news!

However I would still really love to solve what's causing the random deletions when I close a project down. So any ideas or input you might have would be a great help 🙂

"files not found" error - sounds keep dumping into trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.