Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a 2015 macbook pro hooked up to a focusrite 2i4 sound card with studio monitors. I've noticed when I wake the computer from sleep I hear a slight pop in my monitors even if I turn all volumes are turned down.

Hello all,

I have a 2015 15" macbook pro with retina display hooked up to a focusrite 2i4 sound card with studio monitors. I've noticed when I wake the computer from sleep I hear a slight pop in my monitors even if I turn all volumes are turned down. I have all of the appropriate connections going into my power power conditioner and my charger is in a separate outlet so i've ruled out ground loops. According to my sound card it is not a signal that is clipping but I thought a rule of thumb was any pop that came out of the monitors like that is bad for them.

If anyone has any input or any information to add it would be greatly appreciated

Thank you !

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 10:45 AM

There are no replies.

I have a 2015 macbook pro hooked up to a focusrite 2i4 sound card with studio monitors. I've noticed when I wake the computer from sleep I hear a slight pop in my monitors even if I turn all volumes are turned down.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.