Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife opened a video link on Facebook and an app has and locked Safari. This is a system alert from "therichestarticles.xyz" and directs us to call 844.247.4946.

Safari is locked on the pages for a fake system alert to call 1-844-247-4946. There are two screens that toggle back and forth when using their "leave page" or "OK" buttons. The site page overlaps a Facebook page where the blue progress bar is only partially complete indicating that this program fired when she clicked to see a video posted on Facebook. Using my laptop, I researched articles describing fixes and nothing works. We can close Safari. Tried to open holding the shift key, etc All menu options in Safari are greyed out except "hide" and "close". Can not uninstall Safari so that it can be reinstalled and cannot reset or clear cache and cookies because the menus to access these are locked out. Any other ideas would be appreciated. We are running Lion 10.7.5

iMac, upgraded to 10.7.5

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 11:13 AM

4 replies

My wife opened a video link on Facebook and an app has and locked Safari. This is a system alert from "therichestarticles.xyz" and directs us to call 844.247.4946.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.