Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downgrade ppc g5 under the pre installed osx

is it possible to downgrade a g5 witch has a pre-installed 10.3.x to 10.2.8? the reason is a special drumscanner application, which only runs 10.2.8. some g5 model 7,2 would work, but are not in my surrounding area.any ideas to edit the installer, that he accepts a different hardware?

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.2.x) , pre installed system is 10.3.x

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 12:09 PM

4 replies

Nov 29, 2015 12:41 AM in response to a brody

thanks for your reply. but it is a little bit more compilcated:

the machine i want to use is a "Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.5 DP (PCI-X) Identifiers: Mid-2004 - M9457LL/A - PowerMac7,3 - A1047 - 1969C"

this computer was delivered with osx 10.3.4 (7L18) and it is not possible to use an installer disk 10.2.7 to build up a new os. (this is what i think)

the question is how can i downgrade under the pro-installed os. i think "inside" the installer is a list with all computer, which are allowed to install. this should be edited.

or do you think it would work with an original installer disk for g5 powermac osx 10.2.7?

downgrade ppc g5 under the pre installed osx

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.