Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X won't play unless I change the sample rate?

Every single time I open a project I have to change the sample rate in order to get it to play. If I don't change it, I just get an error message. For example, I usually work at 48 khz. So when I come back to something I'd been working on, I usually switch it to 44.1 and then back to 48. I can not figure out what is causing the problem and would appreciate it anyone knew what was causing this.

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 12:14 PM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2015 12:32 PM in response to diatonicnerds

Also, the error message says "Error while trying to synchronize Audio and Midi. Sample Rate 39,806 recognized. Check conflict between Logic Pro X and external device." But as I said switching the sample rate of the project fixes this. Also, I have no problem with audio ever in any other program. I have read the support page for that error message but still have no idea why I am seeing it.

Jul 11, 2016 2:45 AM in response to diatonicnerds

I Have the same issues and I'm using Digidesign 002 since Logic Pro X 10.2.2 although been using Kontakt and Omnisphere recently, my iMac has 8 gig ram, even I use normal output and and NOT Avid driver it's still drops out, need some advice, anyone.

question: is it more ram or new audio device? due to working on 002/003 Avid driver ( 11 yrs old)

thanks

Logic Pro X won't play unless I change the sample rate?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.