Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch black screen, won't charge

Hey guys,

So last night my iPod (5th gen) was charging. I pressed the home button to turn on the screen and the screen remained black, I pressed the power button as well to no avail. I tried doing a hard reboot (held power and home button for over 30 seconds) and the screen remained black. It now gets hot when I try to charge it. Help please.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 11:14 AM

Did you try restoring it through iTunes? Sometimes thats what it needs. If that down work I think you should talk to an Apple rep online or schedule a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store.

8 replies

Nov 28, 2015 11:40 AM in response to lukebob2020

lukebob2020 wrote:

Thank you. I hope this helps. I know the cable is at least functional enough to make it get hot. I would like some more advice on what I should do to restore my iPod.

The directions to restore are in the above article. If you aren't able to get the iPod to turn back on going to the Genius Bar or an authorized service provider would be your best bet. See if you can find another lightning cable to test with, as it is possible that the cable is the cause. -AJ

iPod touch black screen, won't charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.