Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

daughter got new 6s and used my apple id, now our phones are synched and the data is shared, how to undo?

Daughter received a iphone 6 and the apple tech used my apple id while transferring her old phone data to the new. Now my iphone 4 and hers are synched, sharing all contacts and she received my messages. How do I unsync the two phones and separate the shared data?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1.2, unsync with 6S

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 12:12 PM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2015 12:21 PM in response to jvddad

On her phone go to Settings: iCloud, Facetime, Messages, iTunes & App store in turn, and log out. Create a new iCloud ID for her, and log in using it on her phone. You will still have to manually remove your conflicted data from each phone, unless you have a backup made just before she got her phone. Then you can restore that backup to your phone. If you have automatic backup to iCloud enabled it keeps the 3 most recent backups.

You may also want to set up Family Sharing so she can share the apps purchased using your Apple ID.

daughter got new 6s and used my apple id, now our phones are synched and the data is shared, how to undo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.