Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new 6s plus doesnt turn on out the box

I was recently on holiday in Japan and picked up my mum an Iphone 6s plus as a gift. Ive got back and given it to her, shes just gone to set it up and it wont turn on at all , or charge if plugged in. hard reset does nothing. Connect to a computer does nothing. :-( . She is in England, is the Apple store going to be able to do anything or am I stuck woth an expensive Piece of plastic and glass.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 12:53 PM

3 replies

Nov 28, 2015 1:51 PM in response to Emdigga

I doubt you will get service in the UK for an iPhone purchased in Japan. The iphone warranty is NOT international and is limited to the country of purchase. Any return policy will be specific to the store you purchased it from which will be back in Japan. Any phone purchased in Japan is also likely locked to a Japanese carrier unless specifically purchased as unlocked from Apple.

your situation is one reason why it is never advised to purchase an iphone in a country where you do not plan to use it.

I wish you luck, but I expect you will find that short of returning to Japan, you have no options.

Brand new 6s plus doesnt turn on out the box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.