Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! How do I stop my iTunes music content going to iCloud Music Library

Hi there, Please Help!!!

I'm using iTunes version 12.3.1.23 on my Macbook Pro with OS X Yosemite 10.10.5... I accepted the trial of iMusic but cancelled before the trial ended.

However, How do I stop my iTunes Library from disappearing to iCloud Music Library?

Every time I open iTunes to play something, I'm faced with the 'Loading iCloud Music Library' message and no Songs content in my iTunes!!! (Movies etc are still available)

I already unchecked the 'Show Apple Music' option in iTunes preferences and don't see an option to select/deselect iCloud Music Library in either iTunes or elsewhere!

Please can you help?!!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 1:07 PM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2015 7:48 PM in response to morrispe

Hi Morrispe, Thanks for your reply.

The problem I seem to have is that there is no other check box aside from 'Show Apple Music' under iTunes preferences/General...

I've seen what you're describing online when I was searching for help with this issue, but for some reason, my version of iTunes doesn't have a checkbox for 'iCloud Music Library'!

Dec 7, 2015 10:20 PM in response to robin-uk1

The iCloud Music Library setting is only visible when Apple Music is enabled, so if you don't see the iCloud Music Library setting then it (and Apple Music) must be OFF on your Mac

However, I suspect that you still have at least one device with Apple Music and iCloud Music Library enabled. If you turn off iCloud Music Library on all your device(s), including any other computers, then I would think your library on your Mac would return to normal.

Help! How do I stop my iTunes music content going to iCloud Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.