Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Archiving Fonts and Plugins

Hello.

I use a variety of plugins from different companies when using FCPX. I also will use client provided fonts during project creation. Does anyone know of an easy way to archive both fonts and plugins WITH an archival of FCPX files?

I end up reformatting my mac (clean install) every few years and I'll try and open up old project files and realize that fonts and plugins are offline. Here is the biggest problem though... FCPX doesn't actually tell you quickly and efficiently (by name) what fonts or plugins you are using (like Photoshop does) when you launch a project and you have offline generators. Worse yet, font substitution is automatic so it's almost impossible to know when something is subbed or missing.

Does anyone have any clever work arounds or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Marc

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 12:31 PM

There are no replies.

Archiving Fonts and Plugins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.