Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 17

Why did Apple discontinue making the MacBook Pro 17??? Even a 21 would be nice. I know this is a question that probably can't be answered here but I'm hopping the Bean Counters at Apple read these comments.

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 12:38 PM

4 replies

Nov 28, 2015 12:45 PM in response to Bill84287

If you do a search of the forum, you will find a number of discussions addressing this topic with hundreds of posts.

My understanding is that the volume was low so the decision was to concentrate on the smaller and more profitable MBPs. I too would like a 17" retina MBP but my hopes to date have been unfulfilled. Therefore I hang on to my two late 2011 17" MBPs and hope that they will continue to survive..

Ciao.

Nov 28, 2015 12:55 PM in response to Bill84287

As I have indicated, your query raises an issue that has been already discussed by many users with similar thoughts. I too would opt for a 17" MBP if it were available.

Understand that this is a user to user forum where Apple employee's do not participate. You may transmit your thoughts to Apple via this link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Ciao.

MacBook Pro 17

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.