Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slow access to ajax.googleapis.com

In the last couple of weeks, I have been experiencing problems using Firefox on my Mac. I've isolated that it occurs on calls to ajax.googleapis.com, webpages become very slow to load including some timing out entirely. It appears that other Apple users have also experienced this issue though typically with Safari. Like others I've tried removing plugins, emptying caches/cookies, etc and nothing helps. I have two Windows computers in the house that do not have this trouble. This also isn't happening when I use Safari from my Mac or use my iPad.

Does anyone have a solution suitable to a Mac (early 2009 model) using Yosemite and Firefox 42.0. Again, this does not occur when I use Safari from the same computer nor when using any other device besides my Mac desktop.

Thanks,

Amber

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Firefox v42.0

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 1:29 PM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2015 8:33 PM in response to Eric Root

The folks at Mozilla don't know what causes this issue either. On a recommendation from a co-worker I have tried resetting my modem. For some reason that appears to have cleared up whatever was wrong. Odd that this was happening on only one computer with one kind of browser.

If anyone else sees this thread and has a similar issue, give resetting your modem a try.

Slow access to ajax.googleapis.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.