Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup Microsoft Office for Mac to iCloud

I am unable to backup my documents from Microsoft Office for Mac on my iMac into the iCloud? Anyone have a suggestion? "ET"

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 2:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 2:54 PM

iCloud does not offer the ability to backup a Mac computer. You can backup an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to iCloud.

If you have Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > iCloud Drive turned on, you should be able to save a document from Office to the iCloud Drive folder or move previously saved documents from other folders to iCloud Drive. You can go to Finder Preferences > Sidebar (at the top of the Preferences window) and put a checkmark in front of iCloud Drive in that preference window to make that easier. Note that saving or moving files to the iCloud Drive folder will keep a copy on your local drive and sync it to iCloud. It is not the same as having a backup because if you accidentally delete the local copy, the copy on iCloud will also be deleted.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2015 2:54 PM in response to Bx6L6i

iCloud does not offer the ability to backup a Mac computer. You can backup an iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch to iCloud.

If you have Apple menu > System Preferences > iCloud > iCloud Drive turned on, you should be able to save a document from Office to the iCloud Drive folder or move previously saved documents from other folders to iCloud Drive. You can go to Finder Preferences > Sidebar (at the top of the Preferences window) and put a checkmark in front of iCloud Drive in that preference window to make that easier. Note that saving or moving files to the iCloud Drive folder will keep a copy on your local drive and sync it to iCloud. It is not the same as having a backup because if you accidentally delete the local copy, the copy on iCloud will also be deleted.

backup Microsoft Office for Mac to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.