Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

View only photos I have taken in iOS 9

I'm struggling with some iPhone Photo views and need some help from the community.

Like others, I take a lot of photos with my iPhone, and I like to view the photos I've taken often (recent, or I often go back into my past photos and see what I've taken - like past holidays etc.)

Now with Photos, it seems like its a mix of photos I've taken, and photos I've put into albums. Often photos get put into albums via share, meaning I have iPhone photos from 2-6 or even more other people. These are photos I did not take, and while there is a time and place to look at those (albums, which is why I put them there) I'm now seeing them in my general photo collection as well.

I think with iOS 8 I could go to "Photo Stream" and see just my photos. That appears to now be gone.

So what I want is just MY photos. Just the ones I took over the many years. I want a view where other photos are not included.

Note: some of you might be asking what I'm doing to create this situation. Often our family will create a temporary share for an event - take "Thanksgiving 2015" for example, and pile all their photos in there. To be sure I have a copy, I create an album out of this share. This album immediately gets placed into my own photos. The idea of a "camera roll" is gone, it seems.

I could opt to NOT create albums, but then why have an album? What if someone removes photos from a share, or an entire share for that matter.. now I don't have a copy.

I also end up with duplicates quite often when I copy a share, which I've contributed too, back into an album... then when I look on my iPhone at my photos I see duplicates.

In short, I want to have albums that can replicate to other Macs and into the cloud but NOT into my photos on my iPhone. I want a camera roll back - JUST PHOTOS I TOOK.

I'm hoping its there I'm just not seeing it? Or is there a better way? Alternatively I thought to scrap the idea of photo albums entirely and use some other service, but then I'm basically giving up on Apple's ability to have cloud photos.

Posted on Nov 28, 2015 1:59 PM

There are no replies.

View only photos I have taken in iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.